Twitter

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Best Fourth of July


I hope you all had a joyful and relaxed Fourth of July.
Mine was the best.


In addition to spending the morning playing on the beach and swimming with my granddaughters in a crystal clear ocean, I spent the afternoon with my mother and then at eight-o’clock at night, my husband and I celebrated both the Fourth of July and my newly released book, BABIES IN THE BARGAIN, a sweet and spicy medical romance in the genre of Grey’s Anatomy and ER.


We had dinner in an overcrowded cafe on the beach, toasted my book and later sat on the sand to watch the fireworks. It was the most relaxing time I had in months.




Today I watched the Wimbledon and applauded Roger Federer as he made history with 15 grand slams and a fifth set of 15 games. He's so accurate and focused when he plays, so gracious and kind socially. A real hero.

I would like to share with you a funny excerpt from BABIES IN THE BARGAIN.

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN:

Contests wins: The Beacon; Launching A Star; The Suzannah;Great Expectations; Golden Gateway; Gotcha, Enchanted Words;Winter Rose; Duel on the Delta; Linda Howard Award of Excellence....


Short Synopsis: With only one year left to complete her medical training in Neonatology, Dr. Holly Collier vows not to let anyone mess up her sacrosanct schedule. Especially not the gorgeous Dr. Marc Suarez who broke her heart seven years ago.


When a tragic accident transforms the carefree playboy into a dedicated but novice father to his nephew, Holly gives in to her maternal instincts and turns her structured life upside down for the orphaned preemie. But can she learn to trust Marc again and believe in true love?


Excerpt:

  • Abuelita covered Paulito’s face and hands with kisses. The baby started screaming but his great-grandmother laughed. “He looks like his father and uncle. And he has the same voice. Bueno. You did a good job, Marquito.”
  • “Not me, Abuelita. The credit goes to Holly. She’d stayed on her feet many long nights to take care of him when he was colicky.”

  • The old lady handed Paulito back to Elena and raised a suspicious eyebrow. “Where?” she tersely inquired. “At your place?”

  • Holly inwardly groaned. Her cheeks felt ten degrees warmer.

  • “No.” Marc ignored her pleading gaze and looked at her with gratitude as he pushed her from the frying pan straight into the fire. “Dr. Collier was kind enough to invite us to live in her big house.”
  • Holly wanted to become a mouse and disappear under the door. Couldn’t this man lie for once in his life?

  • But now, she knew for sure Marc never lied. How could she have refused to trust him when he said he loved her?

  • Abuelita frowned and gave Holly a once over. “This is acceptable in America? You two are married, Marquito?”

  • “Not yet, Abuelita.” Marc wrapped a possessive arm around Holly’s waist. “I asked Holly to marry me but she said no. She needs time to think.”

  • Holly’s eyes widened as she glared at his laughing face and stood up.

  • “You refused my Marquito? A doctor? The most eligible man in San Juan?” The old lady almost choked on her questions.

  • “Um, ah. No. I mean yes, but...”

  • “Abuelita, you need to rest,” Marc said as he led Holly out. “And we need to check on the baby. We’ll see you later.”

  • “Wait, Marquito. I need to talk to you.” Abuelita raised a hand as dry as her tone.

    BABIES IN THE BARGAIN is available for purchase in ebook and paperback at:
    The Wild Rose Press,

    Amazon.com,

    http://amazon.co.uk/

    Barnes& Noble

    You can click on one of these links to buy.

    So how did you spend your Fourth of July?
Today I am mailing your prizes.

I am still thinking about the next contest and will have it tomorrow or after.



If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I saw a bit of the tennis final today. It was quite a match. We went to see the fireworks on July 4th. It was a spectacular display, but it was so crowded the police were sending people away.

Mona Risk said...

Hi Jane, I didn't have my camera with me. It was a sight to see all these people with babies and strollers on the beach at night. I just came back from the post office after sending prizes.