Twitter

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Greece Independence Day

Today is Greece Independence Day.
What better way to celebrate than drink a glass of ouzo, eat dolmathakia (stuffed grape leaves), spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese baked in Phillo Crust), Gyros, tsatsikis (cucumber dip with yogurt, garlic and dill), lamb chops, souvlaki (marinated pork grilled on skewer), moussaka (baked eggplant. Fort dessert, baklava of course, and rice pudding. Now you can lie down and relax with a fun book set in Mykonos Island.

 GREEK ENCOUNTER, available at amazon kindle for only $0.99.

Counselor Ashley Sheppard is a gorgeous redhead who knocks Stefano off his axis when he meets her incognito. Sparks fly during a first encounter that leads to a memorable night of passion. In court, Ashley is in for a nasty surprise. Her handsome Greek god is the opponent. Her heart gnaws with pain, yet she attacks him with all her strength to defend her grandfather's case. Stefano wins the lawsuit, but will he lose Ashley?

To keep her in Mykonos, he strikes a deal with his old enemy. Does Ashley dare to trust the Greek playboy? Or even understand her grandfather's strange change of heart regarding the Pink Villa?

GREEK ENCOUNTER An armchair trip to Greece. A hot and humorous romance.  at http://tinyurl.com/6ulnxzg

9 comments:

Maggie Toussaint said...

Happy Greek Independece Day to you, Mona! I've just finished reading Greek Encounter and plan to write a review in the next few days. You kept me turning the pages, lady!

I'll pass on raising a cup of ouzo and instead salute with a glass of iced tea.

Maggie

Barbara Monajem said...

If I ate all that, I'd probably lie down and die, LOL. I had a gyro salad a couple of days ago, though, and it was great.

Happy Day, Mona! I'll salute with iced tea and coffee (in separate glasses).

Stefano is gorgeous, BTW. :~))

Mary Ricksen said...

the only place I have ever seen a gyro is Miami subs and I'll bet that's far cry from the real thing. Happy Independence day Mona!
Greeks have a lust for life and I can't wait to read the Greek Encounter! Go Mona!

Josie said...

Happy Greek Independence day to you, too, Mona. I love Greek food, and sounds like you're serving up a Greek feast and a good book and some sunshine. What could be better?

Scarlet Pumpernickel said...

Mona, it is all your fault that I haven't reached my goal on the BIAW! I started reading Greek Encounter and haven't been able to put it down. Having visited Mykonos, I find your work vivid and accurate. The work is sensual and fast paced. I'm loving this book!

Liz said...

Happy Independence Day!

Autumn Jordon said...

Happy Independence Day! Greek Encounter is on my kindle TBP and I can't wait to read it. Pass the Ouzo.

Mary Marvella said...

I'll toast with a glass of iced tea and maybe a sip of wine. A fine post!

Mona Risk said...

Hi Maggie, so glad you like Greek Encounter.

Hi Barbara, I love Stefano. To think of it, I've been in love with every one of my herors. LOL

Me too, Mary. I eat gyros often in FL.

Hi Josie, I cook Greek food. Delicious.

Thank you, Scarlet. You made my day. Please, can you write this in a review, please.

Liz, thank you for giving me these sites and tips.

Autumn, a toast of ouzo for you.

Thanks Mary. Relax with tea and Greek pastries.