Twitter

Monday, October 19, 2009

Recent news



Signing my books at Romanticon. My bear dressed as General Sergei, the hero of To Love A Hero, attracted a lot of attention.

I havent't post in the last three days as I was still recovering from my recent trip to Akron for Romanticon. It just occured to me that during this month I have been packing a suitcase while still unpacking another from the previous trip.

I went to visit my daughter and take care of the girls while their mother rested in bed after surgery-by now you probably know that my three granddaughters and only grandson are the pupil of my eye. So I left to Virginia on a Friday, came back on a Monday, unpacked and packed , left again on Friday, came back from Akron on Monday. I am still unpacking and packing to leave on Saturday. Are you able to follow that!!! Never mind. I am jumping on a plane... again...

But I can never afford the luxury of wasting time packing at a leisurely pace. Not when I enjoy the comapany of my two granddaughters who came from VA to spend ten days. Their mommy is partially recovered from her surgery and already back to work and on a business trip. The girls insist on helping me pack. Try to imagine the mess and fun around my place as discipline is totally ignored and the only rule is to have fun and laugh. Too bad if Mommy and Daddy can't understand that.

Today we walked to the pharmacy, picked up flowers from neat parterres and had a blast at the pharmacy trying to choose Halloween cards and stickers to decorate the cards. The girls insisted on stuffing their cards in the wrong envelopes and spoiled a few in the process. I had to buy a bunch of useless cards to make every one happy, including the pharmacy manager who was about to throw us out.

I hope I will be able to send my first newsletter during this week. I may announce a contest to celebrate my new book that will be released on December 4th, a story of psychiatrists who don't practice in their lives the good priciples they preach to their patients, a story based on this theme:
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.”-- Walter Scott.
Here is for the first time the blurb of Rx For Trust:

Successful physician and loving mother, Olivia Crane fiercely believes youthful mistakes should be kept secret and skeletons are better left in closets.

Unfortunately, Dr. Luc George, the French psychiatrist, she loved ten years ago, detests secrets and has a professional tendency to dig into people’s minds.

Can Luc help her conquer her inner fears or will he get burned by the past too? Will Olivia grab her second chance and finally find happiness with the love of her life?

My heroine is an all-American career woman and my hero is a French doctor coming to a mid-western hospital as visiting physician.

If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat. Meet the spirited heroines and the alpha heroes who share irresistible chemistry.

Please sign the mailing list-white box on the right- to receive my newsletter, if you haven't already done that in the past.

7 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

New book sounds fantastic! Congrats on another upcoming release!

'I'm leavin' on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again...' Sorry; that popped into my mind as I was reading your first few paragraphs:)

Sandra Cox said...

It sounds like you're having fun.
Congratulations on the release of Trust. I highly recommend it. Its a great read.

Mona Risk said...

Molly, that does sound like my signature now a day. LOL

Mona Risk said...

Sandra, thank you for your support.

I missed you both at Romanticon.

Molly Daniels said...

Who's the publisher, Mona?

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Mona,
The new book sounds intriguing! I'll have to put it in my pile. hehe - ditto - who's the publisher?

Steph

Mona Risk said...

Rx for Trust is part of a three-book series, Doctor's Order, to be released by The Wild Rose Press. The second is Rx in Russian, and third is Rx in French.