Twitter

Sunday, July 6, 2008

A week later

It has been a week and my bookcover and review are still on Barbara Vey's Publishers Weekly. I couldn't ask for more in marketing.

I spent the day watching the Wimbledon men finals (in England) between Roger Federer (from Switzerland) and Raphael Nada (from Spain)l. An amazing game that lasted 4:45 hours, a record in the history of tennis. To the last minute we couldn't tell who would win. Both champions were superb, giving their best performance. Talk about yummy hunks and a display of muscles in action.


During the last few days, I was busy editing Babies in the Bargain according to my editor's request at the Wild Rose Press. She called it "a wonderful book very well plotted and written." The story is sweet and sensual. The art department wants the cover to be suggestive. The book will be released as ebook and as a printed book but I don't have a release date yet. Here is Babies in the Bargain for the first time on the Internet. I haven't uploaded it on my website or on my blog. I am a little bit worried about her thigh showing so much flesh. Let me know what you think please.

On Wednesday, I went to my doctor to check my throat and ears as I have been fighting a virus or flue, or... My doctor is a pretty blonde, always wearing lovely little suits. She just got married a month ago. When she sat down I couldn't help notice that her skirt hiked to mid-thigh. I exhaled with relief while thinking about my heroine on my book cover. Seriously what do you think of my book cover? Would it entice you to buy the book or...

8 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I like the cover:)

Get well soon!

Mona Risk said...

Thank ou Molly. I am getting used to it.

Phoenix said...

The good thing is it's fiction so it doesn't matter if her skirt hiked higher than the real doc.

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

It catches the eye, Mona, and that's a big part of sales.

Mona Risk said...

Thank you Kelly and Cindy for reassuring me. It wasn't at all how I imagined Babies in the Bargain's book cover. I asked them for a romantic kiss between two doctors.

Unknown said...

I don't get why he doesn't have a shirt on...but that's just me...

Heather Redmond said...

I think it's a sexy cover, and they usually sell books, so that's good!

Regina Carlysle said...

When I saw you mention the Federer/Nadal match, I had to comment. I watched it too...a HUGE tennis fan. Up until a year ago my daughter was a nationally ranked junior player and we've been to the US Open 4 TIMES. She actually talked with Rafa Nadal one afternoon at the tennis center. Of course, she threatened to NEVER wash her HAND. LOL A real CUTIE.