Twitter

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving in St. Maarten

On Thanksgiving Day we docked at St. Maarten Island.
After admiring the beautiful turquoise color of the Carribean Sea, we enjoyed the day on the Dutch side of the island. Apparently 16,000 tourists visited St. Maarten on Thanksgiving Day. Can you count four ships?

We had a quick walking tour of the shore area.


This map of the island is made of marble tiles, inserted in the ground, at the entrance of the town.

Playing with the grandchildren was the highlight of my cruise.

No shopping for me. I was too busy holding little hands.

Although they had nice beach wraps, not expensive.

The Captain's Pub next to the boutiques.

Too soon it was time to go home to the ship.



If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat.

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN winner of 2009 Best Romance Novel at Preditors & Editors and winner of 2009 Best Contemporary Romance at Readers Favorite.
Rx FOR TRUST, winner of 2010 Best Contemporary Romance at Readers Favorite and 2011 EPICON.
http://www.monarisk.com/

17 comments:

Liana Laverentz said...

Hi, Mona,

I love seeing the pictures from all your trips. I'd rather hold little hands than go shopping any day!

Blessings,

Liana

Molly Daniels said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun:) A friend of mine goes down there on a semi-regular basis; I'll have to show her your blog and see if she's been to the Captain's Pub:)

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Wow, Mona! I love seeing your pictures. The water looks so blue and 4 cruise ships in a row! Too cool. The photo I enjoyed the most was you holding little hands. That was so sweet. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your tidbits. It's so interesting to learn something new that I haven't experienced.

Looks like you really enjoyed yourself and that's what counts.

Smiles
Steph

lindseybrookes said...

You didn't tell the Playground about your pics. It's so beautiful! I want to be there. Especially now when it's cold and blustery here.

Lindsey

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

Oh wonderful that you had a great Thanksgiving and didn't have work involved. Thanks for sharing, Mona. Loved seeing all your beautiful photos. A nice place to make some happy memories.

Mary Ricksen said...

Hi Mona,
More wonderful pictures and adorable children!
I'd skip the shopping in a second!

Barbara Monajem said...

So lovely, Mona. I've been to Curacao but never to St. Maarten. I'd love to learn more of the history of the islands. (I'd skip the shopping, too!)

Mona Risk said...

Liana, my little grandchildren are my precious sweethearts and top priority.

Mona Risk said...

Please Molly show her my blog. The Captain's Pub is a popular place in St. Maarten. There's also one in St. John.

Mona Risk said...

Steph, the color of the water is an amazing blue turquoise. Wait till you see tomorrow the pictures of St. John.

Mona Risk said...

Lindsey, I didn't know if the Playground would have time for my blog, but I went and posted right away.

Mona Risk said...

Hi Paisley, thank you for stopping by. I hope these pictures warm you after the snow you received in your neck of the woods.

Mona Risk said...

Mary, no shopping is important when I have to hold the little hands and keep my eyes glued on them.

Mona Risk said...

Barbara, I have never been to Curacao.

Mary Marvella said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with photos and commentary. Magnificent!

Mona Risk said...

Mary, stop by tomorrow for more.

Scarlet Pumpernickel said...

Mona!!!!!!!!!
You are definitely giving me the fever! I want to go, want to, want to! Lovely pictures, bet you had a ball with the grandbabies!