Twitter

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

FIJI ISLANDS

AND THE WINNERS ARE:






















You were right my friends. It's Fiji.

We stopped in the beautiful Fiji Islands on our way to Australia. Here are some pictures from this paradise.

After spending two days in Nadi the capital, we explored the other islands on the way back from Sydney.











Our exploration consisted in boarding a catamarane. After about an hour it dropped us at a lovely tiny island. Don't ask me the name.
















We moved to a submarine to discover the corals and multicolored fishes.

Full of energy, my husband and I rented a kayak and rawed for half an hour. We were not brave enough to go far.




I prefered the more sedate exercise of buying jewelry from the locals. Rings in mother-of-pearl, bracelet made of tiny pieces of pink, red and green coral. I wore the bracelet right away. It was so pretty.
Unfortunately I fell flat on my stomach when my flip-flop got caught in the sidewalk in the marina. I was lucky I only twistwed my right wrist, pulled the ligament of myleft leg, and bruised my knees. The bracelet broke and bruised my palm.
After ten days I feel much better.
At noon we were offered a scrumptuous lunch under the trees while musicians and dancers entertained our group.





At two oclock we boarded the catamaran and spent two hours at sea going from island to island. It was lovely.









Notice the cottages built on pillars over the water. I was told they have a glass bottom floor in the living room to see the ocean life.






AND THE WINNERS ARE:
Sharon ( Trailer) and Afshan (Babyeblue) You each will receive a mother-of-pearl ring from Fiji.
CONGRATULATIONS.
Our main contest is still on. Have you read my books?
Please start sending the answers.
Here are my questions:1- In To Love A Hero: what is the name of the colonel who is Sergei's close friend?
2- What is the name of the American contract director who travels with Cecile?
3-In French Peril: what is the name of the Chateau's butler?
4- What is the name of François' former French girlfriend?

5-In Babies in the Bargain, what is the baby's name.
6- What is Marc's brother's name?

Are you ready to play?I will post this until the end of August 15 to give you the time to find the answers. I need all the answers for a winner and three runners up.

The prizes are: A bracelet in painted copper from Tunisia.
A bracelet and antique car brooch from Spain.
A silver pharaonic pendant from Egypt
A Golden Heart winner's autographed book by Beth Andrews.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN MY MAILING LIST (the white box on the left of the blog) if you haven't done so already.
If I can't connect, then we will meet again at the end of the month and pull winners for the above contest.
To make it easier, now you need to answer I need an answer four of the six questions.

Links to buy my books:
To Love A Hero:
FRENCH PERIL:
Babies in the Bargain:

BABIES IN THE BARGAIN is Bestseller #2 in its category Champagne Roses (long contemporary) at The Wild Rose Press.
If you like to travel and love to read, come and enjoy my international romances. I will take you around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with heat.

19 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

What beautiful pictures! It just amazes me how there are places like that in the world!
Hope your injuries have all improved.

Teri Thackston said...

Those are beautiful pictures, Mona. Glad you had a wonderful trip (except for your fall, of course).
Teri

Mona Risk said...

Mary, I wish I could reproduce all the beautiful sites i have seen. God really has put beauty in the world.

Mona Risk said...

Teri, I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. I'm doing well now. Thank God it could have been worse than that.

Jennifer Ross said...

Sounds like a stupendous trip. Love the pictures.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures, Mona! Sounds like an amazing trip

Unknown said...

Hey, Mona--I started reading To Love a Hero today! I'm beginning chapter four already. Love your description of your trip--but you need to ditch those flipflops--I can't tell you how many women have tripped on somethng wearing those.My good friend did it and cracked her knee, bruised her elbow, and scraped all the skin off the side of her face--but she didn't do it somewhere as exotic as Fiji--she did it stepping out of the kitchen door into her garage! Love your photos!Celia

Joanna Waugh said...

Fantastic pictures, Mona! wish I'd been with you.

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

What gorgeous pics! Glad to hear that you had a great time except for your fall. Sorry to hear about that!

Congrats to the winners!

Skhye said...

Since it's common knowledge I am certifiably geek, I collected stamps as a kid. And my favorite stamp was from Fiji--the one with the horse on it. I'm absolutely certain that this favoritism had something to do with the fact I was a horse fanatic. But I stopped to say--oy! I'm green with envy! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Mona. :) I must live vicariously through your pictures.

Mary Marvella said...

Mona your photos are wonderful! I wanna go there!

Mona Risk said...

Jennifer, yest it was a special trip. My DH has been dreaming and talking of visiting Fiji for the last 25 years. Although he went three times to visit his ailing brother in Sydney he never had the time or the mood to stop and vacation in Fiji. This time I went with him and insisted I couldn't fly for 24 straight hours from LA to Sydney.

Mona Risk said...

Amber, I'm glad you like the pictures. You can click on them to enlarge.

Mona Risk said...

Celia, I already ditch the flipflop. Even in Fiji my fall was far from exotic. Sprawled flat on my stomach on the sidewalk with a circle of curious people around asking: is she dead, has she broken a hip,... And when my husband and another guy helped me up, both my knees bleeding, I was a sore sight. We had to be at the airport three hours later.

Mona Risk said...

Joanna, I love your interview at Loraine's blog

Mona Risk said...

Thanks Terri. Glad you like the pictures.

Mona Risk said...

Skhye I wish I brought stamps from Fiji. But I have a key holder instead. Email me your address please.

Mona Risk said...

Mary sweetie, I will send you with my hubby next time. But you won't take flipflop in your suitcase. LOL. Hubby said I almost gave him a heart attack.

Jane said...

I'm so jealous. It's absolutely beautiful.