Twitter

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Romantic Times American Title Contest

Yesterday I inaugurated my blog by presenting my two books TO LOVE A HERO and FRENCH PERIL. To be honest, I was quite anxious on how my first attempt at blogging on my own would be received. Thanks to your many comments and support, I feel more confident today. My plan is to reserve Monday, Wednesday and Friday for various topics, while Tuesday and Thursday will be used to introduce authors and writers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here is to start an interview with Helen Scott-Taylor who reached the prestigious position of finalist in the Romantic Time American Title contest IV. Helen resides in South Western England near Plymouth with the rocky cliffs of the Atlantic to the south and the windswept expanse of Dartmoor to the west. She writes paranormal and believes that deep within everyone there's a little magic.

Let’s ask her how she feels about it and then we will go and vote for her at: www.romantictimes/news_amtitle3.php.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen, I’m so glad you agreed to be interviewed.


Helen, you are currently competing for the AT IV. Winning contests is not unusual for you after winning the Golden Pen and the Golden Palm and so many other prestigious contests.

Which story did you enter in the RT American Title IV and in which category?
This year the American Title contest featured paranormal romance. I entered The Magic Knot, my story about fairies, set in Ireland and Cornwall.

Do you have a short blurb for your finaling manuscript?
When Rose discovers she is the Cornish fairy queen and her father is a dark druid who has imprisoned her people in portraits, the race is on to discover the fairy lore needed to release her people before her father destroys them forever.
She seeks help from the sinfully sexy Irish fairy twins, the O’Connor brothers. Niall’s faint air of menace flutters dark thrills of anticipation through her, but does he want to kiss her or kill her when she accidentally touches his Magic Knot and forges a mystical lovers’ bond with him?

You still have a month before they announce the winner. You must be going through an incredible stress. How are you coping? I cope by keeping busy and doing all I can to drum up support. If I’m sure I’ve done my best to win, then I’ll be happy with the outcome. Whatever the final result, it was a tremendous boost to have The Magic Knot selected by the Dorchester editors as one of the ten finalists. I’m also delighted to have met the other nine finalists and made a new group of friends. We have set up an American Title IV finalists' blog together at www.titlemagic.blogspot.com.

I had the privilege of reading The Magic Knot and I love it. Can you tell our readers why we should all go and vote for you?
I hope everyone will fall in love with my characters, because I love them and the way they overcome the traumas of the past: the hero's struggle to understand why his father claimed his twin brother and rejected him, the heroine's search to find her estranged father and understand her suppressed childhood memories. Ultimately, of course, they find their happy ending in each other.

Voting in the fifth and final round of American Title IV is best love/romantic scene and runs from February 18th until March 2nd at www.romantictimes/news_amtitle3.php
Please take a look and vote for the scene you enjoy most.

Helen, thank you for being with us today. I wish you the best of luck in the final round of the American Title IV.

Dear readers, you can also stop to check two great posts on critique and critique partners at Anny Cook’s blog www.AnnyCook.blogspot.com and Kelly Kirch’s blog http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/ Anny is running a contest. Enter now to win free books! If you need to brighten your day with a smile, check Amarinda Jones's blog, www.AmarindaJones.blogspot.com. And if you own and love pets, the place to go is Sandra’s Cox blog, http://sandracox.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Teri Thackston said...

Mona,
Great interview and the books (yours and Helen's) sound great.

Anny Cook said...

Excellent interview. One question... where can we buy The Magic Knot?

Mona Risk said...

Teri and Anny thanks for stopping by. helen's book is not yet published. It will be if --fingerscrossed--she wins the AT contset. So please go and vote for her. Today and tomorrow are the last days to vote.

Helen Scott Taylor said...

Mona,

Thank you so much for making me your first guest on your new blog.

Teri, I'm pleased you like the sound of The Magic Knot.

Anny, hopefully The Magic Knot will be available soon! All I have to do is win the American Title contest. ;-) As I've made it all the way to the fifth and final round that is now a strong possibility.

If you want to read more of The Magic Knot, click on the link in Mona's interview to the page on the Romantic Times website featuring the contest. My love scene from the fifth round is there. It's also possible to view the entries from all four previous rounds by going to the bottom of the contest introduction page.

Thank you for your interest in my story!

Unknown said...

Well done Mona - you are on a blog roll. And good luck to Helen