Twitter

Monday, August 18, 2008

Fay in Florida

Fay will hit tonight. We already had gutsy winds and pouring rain all day long, but it was just a prelude to convince us it's coming and we better get ready.

Okay, we are as ready as we will ever be. We bought two cases of water bottles, cans, bread. We tried three gasoline stations and drove almost to the airport to be able to fill the car. We sat candles and two flashlights on the table and filled two big pots with water just in case we lose electricity and water.

I'm watching the ocean from my living room. The waves are not very high yet, but wildly frothing the sand.

In the morning, I went out for an hour and came back soaking wet in spite of my raincoat and umbrella. Later I decided it was the best writing day I could wish for. I sat at my computer, typed and wisely saved my writing every hour. I bet tomorrow will be a repeat of today.

If you live in South Florida, be careful and stay home. And don’t forget to pull your hurricane shutters. We installed hurricane windows last fall and hope they won’t leak. I guess this storm will be the ultimate test.

5 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

How much rain have you had? My sister and her family live in Orlando but they are missing the weather since they are currently in Vegas. Lucky them.

Phoenix said...

Are you dry, sweetie?

Mona Risk said...

Less rain than anticipated. But perfect days to stay indoor and write more chapters. I hope it stays that way.

Sandra Cox said...

Hey Mona.
Hope you're getting all kinds of writing done.

Josie said...

Hi Mona,
We are seeing lots of rain here today (Tuesday) in South Carolina.