Twitter

Friday, May 29, 2009

Today was hard

Today was a long hard day. A social worker and a chaplain came to visit my mother, stayed half an hour each, while I was waiting for a nurse. She finally came in the late afternoon.

Did you ever had to watch the medications your doctor prescribed? Did you have to remind him that some may have a cumulative effect and one should be stopped when the other is ordered?

Mom's blood pressure went up from 80/40 yesterday to 92/70. A big progress. She dozed a lot but was quite assertive to tell me she didn't like the pureed food I gave her. Thanks to Everybody LovesRaymond and Seinfeld, she finally ate while I explained and commented the shows.

I managed to write 800 words on my laptop. I'll probably have to rewrite half of it tomorrow but it kept my mind busy. Writing is better than an anti-anxiety drug.

I will report tomorrow.

And on June first, we will start a contest to celebrate the release of my book BABIES IN THE BARGAIN on July 03, 2009 at The Wild Rose Press. I will tell you more tomorrow.

So stay tune,

5 comments:

Mary Marvella said...

Remember- If you don't mind your own health, you won't be able to help anyone else.

Sandra Cox said...

Thinking of both you and your mom, Mona. She's very lucky to have you.

Mary Ricksen said...

Mona this is such a difficult time. Just know that there are people out there, like me, who are really concerned about you. You must be strong, dig deep inside and grab that little line of inner power and put it out to help you. One day at a time. One problem at a time. And time for Mona too, or else you get sick too! Hang in there. I just saw your previous blog and commented.

Barbara Monajem said...

Take it one day at a time, and do whatever you need to restore your strength - read, write, sleep, eat...

Mona Risk said...

Thank you all. I am glad I wrote about my mom's illness. It helps so much to receive words of encouragement and support. It also helps to hear how some of you coped with similar situations.