Twitter

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Young Generation

My four grandchildren requested a cousins' reunion at their loving grandparents' apartment, and insisted on having no annoying parents around. It was deliciously chaotic, noisy, hectic, but so much fun with nightly slumber parties and daily splashes in the pool and the ocean.

How can four children, age 7, 6.5, 5.5 and 5, keep busy? The two oldest girls bonded right away. My 5.5 year-old spitfire wouldn't hear about being left aside and managed to squeeze in every game the two others played, but poor little Dave, being the youngest and only boy, cried and then gave up on the girls and entertained himself.
Playing games on Daddy's iPad at 5
Dave laughed when I said I didn't know how to use an iPad, then he gently said: "I can show you."
But the girls wanted to share in the game and protested, "Not now, Nonna. We're too busy."
What else could they do when Dave asked to be left in peace?

Playing on Grandpa's laptop
Or better tattoo each other until Nonna gasped in horror, and insisted they surrender the markers that could ruin her chairs.

Unfortunately Nonna spoiled the moment by insisting on homework break. Instead they all gathered around the oldest cousin who read them a story.
Then the majority decided that vacation should not include homework or reading, but going to the pool and beach.
Playing in the sand, building castle and digging holes is excellent for the health and better entertainment.


A few minutes later everyone jumped into the pool to refresh and exercise.
Lunch and dinner were a lot of fun without adults around.
 Good thing Grandpa was more understanding and taught them card games.

Everything comes to an end but we will come next year.
It's so much fun at Nonna's place without parents to bother us.
Two kids left on Sunday, and the two other are leaving today.
Osiris' Missing Part, on sale at Ellora's Cave Blush for $5.24
Sensual romance but not erotic.

According to the legend, the evil Egyptian god, Seth, killed his brother Osiris, chopped him into fourteen pieces and flung them all over Egypt. Isis, goddess of family, reassembled thirteen of his body parts. Since she couldn’t find his supernatural male member, where his godly power was stored, she reattached a human one.

Isis has always loved Osiris, the charming god of labor, and helps him fight Seth. Together they search for his missing organ so he can recover his godly attributes, but can Isis forgive the sins of his past and their unexpected consequences?

11 comments:

AJ Nuest said...

Oh, Mona! Your grandbabies are ADORABLE! How much FUN! My kids insist on bike rides over to Grandma's house once every other day -- she has a secret "treat" drawer that mysteriously always stays full. Hmmm... Thanks for sharing these great pics. I love the one of all of them holding hands. Too cute!

Lynne Marshall said...

Loved the pictures, Mona. I told my daughter I'm ready for grandchildren. She just passed her Nurse Practitioner boards, and hubby is in fourth year of Med school. I'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid. I just don't want to be too old to be a good granny, you know?
Keep up the good work, and give those kids a kiss for me!

Mona Risk said...

AJ, I wish they were living close by. Unfortunately they come two or three times a year, one family at a time except for Christmas with their parents. This time was a special treat.

Mona Risk said...

Hi Lynne, I am sure you'll be a fabulous grandma. It's difficult to have children when still in grad school. My daughter finished her residency and fellowship before starting a family. I had to help with the first baby. But they are so cute it's worth it.

Barbara Monajem said...

So sweet! Thanks for posting these lovely pics, Mona.

Mary Ricksen said...

They are so precious. It makes me tear up to see how cute. I will never know the thrill of grandchildren and it is an empty space nothing can fill.
You are truly a blessed and totally loving grandmother. Those kids are so lucky to have both of you in their lives. My husband never knew any of his. But my Grandma loved me unconditionally and I will never forget that... Great blog Mona!

Keena Kincaid said...

What perfect fun! I wish I'd thought of such a thing when I was younger. Your grandchildren are lucky.

Mary Marvella said...

You are one brave woman! Looks like you all had a great time!

Mona Risk said...

We just returned the last two kids to their parents and enjoying a few days of freedom in Chicago. I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. i thought they were really cute.

Judith Keim said...

Fun to see pictures of your adorable grandchildren...such a precious time. Thanks for sharing...

Nightingale said...

Sweet pictures! What a great time you must have had. My grandchildren are in England and I don't get to play Nanna very often. Glad you have the op to enjoy yours.